natasha

books 'n shit

i'm a girl who likes boys who like boys. sup.

Exquisite Corpse
Poppy Z. Brite
Catch a Ghost
S.E. Jakes
Pictures of Lily - Paige Toon LOOOOVEEEEE.
LOVELOVELOVELOVELOVEEEEE!
Read immediately.
Immediately.

Okay full review:

This book is charming in so many ways it's hard to explain.
I'm a fan of chick-lit books. Chick-lit is more enjoyable to me than romance generally because I like the humor. This book is a sweet ride between hilarious, heart-warming, heart-breaking, surprising, and very sweet.

(SPOILERS)

Sweet young Lily is uprooted to go live in Australia with her mother who is always moving from guy to guy. Lily is pissy at this and decides to try and take it out on people around her. Josh is her hot, bad-ass step-brother who Lily first set sights on. At this point, I thought the book to be predictable. "Oh, there's the hot bad boy. She'll fall for him and he'll reform and they'll live happily ever after because she changed him." WRONG. Lily started working with her mom's boyfriend at the zoo and met Ben, a much older guy who she liked to spend time with caring for koalas. He's smart, kind, funny, and funny. I believe she's 15 or something and he's like 29. Maybe she's 16, I forget. Anyway.
GUESS WHAT GUYS???? That's fucking right- she falls for the NICE GUY! **gasps heard all around** I know. Scandalous, right? This never happens in books and it's AWESOME.
Ben and Lily spend a lot of time together, (nothing sexy or romantic) but poor Lily discovers Ben has a fiance and is leaving soon... I cried at this part.

-10 years later....-

THEY MEET AGAIN AND IT'S HOT AND TORMENTED AND SAD AND HEART-STOPPING. But Lily is engaged. GASP! What will she do???

Read the book immediately and find out.

image