natasha

books 'n shit

i'm a girl who likes boys who like boys. sup.

Exquisite Corpse
Poppy Z. Brite
Catch a Ghost
S.E. Jakes
Strength of the Pack - Kendall McKenna "I won't deny you, Lucas."
...
"Deny me what?"
...
"Anything."

image
This book is so strangely hot, I think I burned myself.

I didn't expect to love this book as much as I did. But here's what I did love!
The writing, IMO, was fantastic. There wasn't too much inner turmoil where the characters sit around and ponder things for chapters and chapters. There's just a lot of action and exciting situations! I was on the edge of my seat for a lot of this book.
I loved the relationship (Obviously) between Noah and Lucas.. and who wouldn't? They're both strong personality types but neither of them acted like the cocky, self-righteous type of alpha male that you get from a lot of stories. I also adored the aspect that the main characters relationships was based around their time at war.. like, you don't learn about Lucas' little cousin back home, or Noah's were sister or something, you just learn about the main characters from the beginning of the story, and mean the other characters as the book progresses. The author doesn't put a lot of emphasis on home life, which I actually really enjoyed from a military story, because it really made me feel like it was about their time at war, which it was.

See, I know this book wasn't perfect, and I know it had certain things that bugged me sometimes. Maybe the MC's level of communication was weird, and how that Stanley guy just kinda.. disappeared when I thought he was gonna be a super villian. It was also weird everyone was strangely cool with them being gay and openly very affectionate. But it didn't change my review at all because I still loooooved it!

I need to give a small shout out to Noah, because I don't remember the last time I loved a MC in a book so much! He was so insanely hot, I can't even begin to describe how much I loved him. He was possessive, but not a jerk, and not jealous for no reason, and so understanding and loving and sweet.

The relationship was right fucked. Like, totally weird. Shape-shifters and humans? Together? Totally odd, and TOTALLY HOT! Like, ridiculously so. So hot that I feel more dirty and perverse than I have in a while, because I thought it was so hot! All of the sex scenes? HOT. All of the possessive interaction between Noah and Lucas? HOT. Noah letting himself be dominated by Lucas? HOT HOT HOT.
image

Alright, that's enough. Time for a cold shower.